CBSE Board Exam 2019: CBSE Board Changed the exam pattern of English for class 12
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the examination conducting body of Class 12 and 10. It was founded on November 03, 1962. It Headquarter is located in Preet Vihar, Delhi.
CBSE has changed the exam pattern of English for class 12th. It also has changed the marking scheme. Aspirants can download the latest sample papers through the official website of CBSE.
Why CBSE has changed the Exam Pattern of English for Class 12?
CBSE has received the feedback from various stakeholders and subsequent deliberation in the meetings of Committee of Courses of the Board and subject experts. Now changes which has done by CBSE is beneficial for all the students who often find the English question paper lengthy and are unable to finish the paper in designated time.
These all changes will be appeared in the month of February 2019.
CBSE Board Exam 2019: Major changes in Exam Pattern of English for Class 12
- The typology of questions has also been changed.
- Of the two passages, there would be 5 MCQs, 9 very short answer type questions, and 3 short answer type questions from passage one.
- There will be 2 long answer type questions related to passage two.
- Now instead of three passages, there will only be two passages in section A (Reading).
- Total marks attributed to section A is 30 marks.
- Total number of questions in the question paper has also been reduced from 40 to 35.
The total number of questions has been reduced from 24 to 19 in case of section A.