20 Reasons Why Teaching is a Great Profession
Teaching isnât for the faint of heart. Itâs filled with never-ending paperwork and unexpected moments. Thankfully, itâs also a profession thatâs filled with rewards that outweigh the trials. Whether youâre a veteran teacher or just embarking on your teaching career, here are 20 reminders why you have the most important job in the world as an educator.
- You witness daily âlightbulbâ moments when students finally understand and master a skill.
- You make a difference in a childâs life every single day.
- Kids are fun!
- You are a lifelong learner and learning is fun.
- You get to read beautiful childrenâs picture books on a daily basis.
- Everyday you play the role of actress, comedian, coach, cheerleader, parent, juggler, and super organized multi-tasker. You are a super hero without the cape!
- Creativity is encouraged.
- Your professional wardrobe is filled with comfortable clothes and shoes.
- There is never a dull moment in your classroom.
- You can wear a battery operated, light-up sweater with a flashing reindeer nose in December and 24 5-year olds think you are a fashionista.
- It challenges you intellectually, creatively, and emotionally to be the best you can be.
- No two days are ever exactly alike.
- You get to teach students life lessons every day. From success to failure, you guide them through each phase of learning.
- No other profession has such a wonderful support and mentor system that encourages you to succeed.
- You become an expert at behavior management and organizing your time.
- Time off during the winter holidays to spend with family and friends.
- Other teachers are willing to share ideas online to help you with lesson planning.
- You will always be aware of the current toy/eraser/collecting card/bracelet obsession and will soon amass a collection of them on your desk when they distract your students.
- You have the privilege of seeing students progress and grow throughout their time in your classroom.
- Summer vacation, because it gives you uninterrupted time to plan for next year. Everyone knows â itâs not really time off!
Thank you for all that you do to make the classroom a wonderful learning environment for your students. You change the future every single day. You are appreciated!